Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's parties ahead!

So, both kids have their Valentine's parties tomorrow at school and I wanted to show you guys which treats we went with.  There were so many great options out there on Pinterest, right?  I think I've got plenty of ideas for several years to come.  First up, we have C's Valentines:
C picked out the Heartbreaker Valentines.  I know, I know, I told her it WAS Valentine's day and typically there's red or pink in there somewhere.  Well, you'll learn that she likes to go with the flow but always likes to add her own sense of style.  For this project, she was feelin' the neon green and orange.  That's fine.  My little gypsy.  She's so awesome.  I used my Silhouette software to create my hearts and to cut them out.  We filled them with a packet of those Nuggets from Florida's Natural.  Have you seen these?  I love em'.  I first came across them during Halloween last year. Actually I'm not that crazy about any of the gummy type snacks, but I can go for these.  The box is around $4 at Wal-mart and has 24 little pouches.  The pouches are full of these teensy little fruit chew nuggets.  There are 4 different flavors: Strawberry, Blueberry, Green Apple, and of course Orange.  They're right there where the other fruit gummy packs are.  My Wal-mart has them on the top shelf away from the other gummies, so they're easy to miss if you don't even know that they're there. 
Next up is the little man.  He's about to be 3 and is in a little pre-k class with other 2-3 year olds.  I really hate to pass out candy for these little people, but the dentist does say that the best candy for a kid is chocolate.  If their gonna eat candy.  No kidding. That's because it doesn't stick to the teeth.  It just melts away.  So I compromised.
Got those little bubble's from Wal-mart in the party section and a pack of Hershey's kisses.  Already had the little plastic bags on hand. (I keep a stock of different sizes for business and such occasions) Typed up the little bag toppers, printed them on cardstock to match the bubble's.  (the bubbles only came in pink or turquoise, and Miguel didn't want Dane passing out "blowing pink bubble kisses" treats to everyone. :) Then I also printed out some little labels for the Hershey's kisses from the same cardstock.  I just used my 3/4" hole punch to punch em' out, ran them through the Xyron sticker maker and stuck em' to the bottom of the kisses.  Voila!  The back side says "Happy Valentine's Day! Your friend, D"
I got an email last night from C's karate studio and there was a note stating that we are welcome to bring valentines to pass out in class.  Hmmmm.  I'm sure C is gonna want to participate in the exchange.  That one is definitely last minute, so we'll see what we end up doing.  Not only that, but I've been working on a Valentine for Miguel.  OK, working on it in my head.  I haven't actually put scissors to paper yet, but I'm hoping I can get it done.  

So what did you guys do for Valentines?  Any other Pinterest junkies out there? 
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment