Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Bluebonnets all around

Well, we finally made it out to get some pics in the beautiful Texas bluebonnets.  The little man was not being very cooperative.  He just wanted to act silly.  My poor daughter had to just sit there and hold her smile the entire time while I kept pressing the shutter button hoping one of them would come out somewhat decent.  She knows the drill.  Here's what we ended up with:

Tips on taking your bluebonnet pics:


Avoid harsh daylight!  Otherwise you end up with nasty shadows on your peeps faces.  Eeek!  You always want nice even light.  The best thing to do is to take your pics during the "Golden Hour".  You know, that hour before the sun sets.  Unless you've got some equipment with you to help make your own shade.  Our sunset is around 7:30p and we actually went out around 5:30p.  I was taking a chance, but we had other plans for afterward, so I took my big reflector with me.  I didn't put the cover around the reflector, just left it sheer white.  My husband held it up to block where the sun was still beaming down a little too much.  The kids sat in the "shadow" of the reflector and that gave me the perfect amount of light to get what I wanted.  They're not the best, but I did what I could with what I had.  


Those bluebonnets won't be out for much longer, so get out there and get your pics!  

No comments:

Post a Comment